The Everyday Guide to Delightful Drinks for Anyone, Anytime
A socially conscious, adventurous, and style-forward look at how to make drinks for anyone, anytime.
"In a cocktail world that is starting to look and act more like a science laboratory than a bar, Evelyn Chick is a breath of fresh air. Her easy-to-follow recipes will give readers more time to entertain and enjoy the drinks themselves - and isn't that the point?"
- Ivy Mix, American Bartender of the Year (2015 Spirited Awards), Mixologist of the Year (2016, Wine Enthusiast ), co-owner Leyenda, Brooklyn
A great cocktail is more than the sum of its parts. Globally acclaimed beverage expert Evelyn Chick knows that our enjoyment of a cocktail goes beyond the ingredients, equipment, and skills in the mix: it's about keeping an open mind and embracing the simple joy of sharing flavors with others.
In this playful collection of recipes, Chick celebrates the simple joy of sharing flavors in approachable ways, offering unpretentious guidance on:
- Home bar tool and pantry essentials
- Spirit categories
- Easy-peasy fancy garnishes
- Seriously refreshing summer drinks and warming cocktail-hour staples
- Low-alcohol, zero-proof, and cannabis-inclusive options
- Large-format servings for get-togethers
- Versatile syrups, tinctures, and infusions
For the Love of Cocktails will inspire home bartenders - both beginners and those looking to level up - to curate the right drink for every occasion, whether you're in the mood for an after-work cocktail, a celebratory libation, or a backyard party favor.
"Guaranteed to delight the palate of even the most discerning of cocktail aficionados. A must- have for the modern drinker."
- Erick Castro, award-winning bartender; host of Bartender at Large
"Levelling up the at-home happy-hour experience for any occasion . . . Evelyn Chick mixes artistry and alchemy with practical advice, easy-to-find ingredients and mood-based recipes that deliver."
- Elle Canada
"This is the kind of mixology guide that will have a place on bookshelves for years to come."
- Library Journal